Wednesday, September 21, 2022

NEARING THE END

 We now have officially moved.

We're still in the same little bit of Paradise, only 3-1/2 or 4 miles from our previous home, depending on whether you take my route or the one favored by SWMBO.

I think we've stopped yelling at each other.

The tears have finally stopped (Judy's mostly, maybe not mine.)

And after a week (actually about a month) we are so beat we decided to call today A Day of Rest and kick back and relax.

And I think we only have 8 or 9 more boxes to unpack.




To our many friends who have sent condolences and words like "I can't imagine what moving would be like at my age" or the good long-time friend who wrote "I know I'd be happiest leaving this place feet first!", you are all correct.

Moving in our 80's has been one of the hardest things either of us has ever done.

And we had people who did most of the packing for us and a couple of guys who loaded it all into a big truck and then unloaded it in our new home.

When I say we had people that did all of the packing for us I'm not counting the many boxes of "fragile things" and enough wall art to stock a museum that WE (Judy mostly) packed and hauled (me mostly) to the new abode.

But it's over now.

Well it's more like it's a new beginning.

After all there are still those 8 or 9 boxes to unpack.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Whew, our Blue Jays were concerned for their AZ cousins.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad it's almost over for you. Please treat yourself for a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Loved the picture! Just finished a huge garage sale and am thrilled to have lightened my load! Not sure about moving. I know lots of folks in their 70s that take the plunge and become minimalists by necessity and say they wish they had done it sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are almost done with it. Time to take a break, enjoy the new home, get familiar with it all, and fall in love with this new moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been concerned about you guys. Glad that you are almost done. Remember it will be there tomorrow. tom and Lana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been in my apartment for three years and there are still three or four boxes I haven't unpacked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like William said, I too have boxes that haven't been unpacked after many years. Glad you guys got moved okay except for the tears. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No matter how much help you have, it's still your stuff and you have the boxes to deal with at both ends. Glad that it's a done deal--now just the finishing touches at your leisure. Time to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those 9 boxes? Throw blankets or tablecloths over them and pretend they are endtables or footstools.take a break. This sounds grueling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are 80 & 85 yrs. of age. Moved closer to our children this past year. How did we get so much stuff? It was long distance, moving van, etc. So thankful for family and friends. Know exactly how you are feeling. Your captions on the boxes says it all. We told ourselves it is an adventure! Your boxes can wait. Love your Friday Funnies, makes us smile. Take good care of each other. You did it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the unpacking part. Well I used to, it's been a while now since I moved, what I really hate is the packing of everything, making sure it is secure so things don't arrive broken, labelling the boxes in the beginning then by the end just tossing things in and labelling it "stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  12. An achievement!! Pirate swears that he will never move. I would love to, but a we can't afford to and b my workshop is ready to use....!!

    ReplyDelete