Sunday, November 20, 2022

BLUE SKIES

 I wandered out to the driveway a little while ago to take advantage of some of the voluptuous bright sunshine today.

It's a balmy Arizona day - the thermometer registers 54 degrees F - 12 degrees C.

And to those of you who think all of Arizona is the desert with winters in the 70's and 80's, this is typical Thanksgiving week weather for where in the state I live.

As I've explained many times previously, we are 80 miles from Phoenix and in the low mountain range at approximately a mile high.

That compares with the Phoenix Valley at around 900 feet elevation.

So anyway, there I was in the driveway and the coolish sunshine and I thought I'd snap a picture of our beautiful blue sky.



Pretty pristine, huh?

Not a bird in the sky to disturb my reverie.

But wait!

What's that droning sound?

Aha!

There's someone else out to enjoy the day.

I'll zoom in.




Yup.

Seems like there's always an airplane in the neighborhood.

Oh well, at least this one is high enough that I can barely hear his engine(s).

What's you neighborhood look like today?

11 comments:

  1. Love the blue sky and temperature! We are colder here (high 40s) but have some blue sky and sun also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sky! It's pretty nice here today - 53 degrees right now at 3:47 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never saw the sun shining so bright
    Never saw things going so right
    Noticing the days hurrying bad
    When you're in love, oh my, how they fly
    But blue days, all of them gone
    Nothing but blue skies, from now

    Ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh

    Blue skies smiling at me
    Nothing but blue skies, all I see
    Blue birds singing a song
    Nothing but blue skies, from now

    Ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh

    But blue days, all of them gone

    Nothing but blue skies, from now
    Written by: Irving Berlin, Andrew Cocup, Tom Findlay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about posting that song but I guess I was too lazy.

      Delete
  4. Under the same skies as you, Bruce. However, blowing and bagging all weekend with no end in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been blue skies here in Toronto today but -3˚C and very windy so not nice at all to be outside. Our Santa Claus parade was today and the little kids had to survive a very cold wait to see Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right this minute my neighbourhood is grey and cold. It was sunny and blue skies earlier in the day, but still cold with a wind right off the South Pole I'm sure. The weather people will tell me later it was 14C (57F) but I had to wear my winter parka to go and buy the paper and I've had the heating on since lunchtime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cloudy, overcast, wet and blustery, and too mild for the time of year. Love the Irving Berlin quoted by "Should Fish More."

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been chilly here but today it is a beautiful sunny day with blue skies. It is freezing right now (32F) but it will reach 44F so I must get out for an afternoon walk. I love your photo of the lovely blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a beautiful day here too. We had lots of blue sky and sunshine. Our temps were much like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine is a world of white snow. This is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete