Thursday, April 27, 2023

MYSTERY WOMAN

 I was going through a huge collection of family photographs recently and found this tiny one.

It's only about two inches tall by an inch and a half wide and mounted on some stiff cardboard or pasteboard.

Do you know her?




I found it in a collection of photographs from my Berry family.

My paternal grandmother, Daisy Berry, married my grandfather, Berthold Wayne Taylor, B.W., as he was known most of his life.

They came from southern Minnesota.

The photo apparently was taken at a photo studio on Nicollet Avenue in Minneapolis.

It may be of someone in the Berry family or it may be a friend of one of the many brothers or sisters in that family.

I can not identify her but thought I'd throw it out to you Internet sleuths to see if anyone can solve the mystery of this rather smartly dressed young lady.

Unfortunately there is no reward for solving the puzzle, other than the eternal gratitude from your scribe.

And, of course, the international adulation that might arise from this blog!

7 comments:

  1. thecontemplativecat here. What a great photo. The young woman is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue but I do love her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friend or family, that is a very nice portrait.
    You would need to compare it to others of your family...but she is definitely worth keeping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems as if Dempsie Photography took photos in Minnesota in the 1880s and 1890s so that might help you date who the woman is. She certainly is fancy and lovely!

    ReplyDelete