Monday, April 3, 2023

RAVENS

 In my tours around the blogosphere I often see murals displayed on various blogs and in various parts of the world.

I have not muralized (is that a word?), i.e. gotten into the weekly or monthly posting of pictures of murals on my blog.

Why?

Well, I live a pretty sedentary life so I don't have the opportunity to spot them.

And while I know there are some great ones in Prescott, I don't go there often (except to visit doctors) so I don't spot them either.

But surprise!

I did see one the other day at the end of a small strip mall on the wall of a tattoo parlor.

I'm not sure what it's meant to represent except that there are a lot of friendly ravens in our town and the mural seems to be illustrating how they're taking over the world.

Anyway, here it is.



Oh and I don't know who the artist is, either but the logo in the upper left refers to the name of the parlor: Avatar Tat2.

It's quite colorful.

13 comments:

  1. Wow! Love ravens! That really shows their personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great one to share. Crows and ravens are amazingly intelligent creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful mural. I love the ravens and the stages of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mural!
    Googled Avatar Tat2 and after a bit of searching on their FB, found that the mural was done by Dana Cole, art professor at Prescott's Yavapai College. Post of June 18, 2022 provides info.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=5096188363810328&set=a.407839009311977

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven’t seen any murals around here, that I recall.
    —-Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like one raven has the planet earth in a bucket and is feeding it to the other raven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one..and all corvids are so intelligent

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! That one raven has picked the moon for its mate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it. I like the phases of the moon and it looks like those ravins are about to take a bite our of the earth.
    btw; I had the Lon's Louie salad. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a nice mural, crows have moved in to my neighborhood about 5 years ago, they are smart birds and aggressive. My mom had one when a child as a pet she rescued, they set it free but it stayed near them and would collect/steal shiny objects.

    ReplyDelete