Saturday, November 4, 2023

I'M NOT DOING IT!!!

 


Yes, for you unenlightened people, it's time tonight to change your clocks.

Daylight Savings Time comes to an end once more.

And once again the debate roars through the populace.

Some people don't ever want to see it again.

Some people think it should be year around.

'Course then it wouldn't need to be called Daylight Savings Time, would it.

We could just go back to the days before 1918, when it was created.

Then it would just be "time".

Or maybe back to 1,500 BC (or BCE) when sundials used by Egyptians and Babylonians separated each day into parts.

Before then "time" was a concept that hadn't been invented.

Here where I live and in most of Arizona Daylight Savings Time is not used.

We're on the same time all year round.

So with the exception of screwing around with our schedules of television programs we don't have to worry about it.

But for the rest of you, here's a quick guide to your travails.




And don't forget to begin fattening that turkey!

15 comments:

  1. I never turn the clock either way. I keep it on the same time. It's so much easier, I don't know why everyone doesn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! The great debate! Glad we are not on daylight savings. Who invented that? And why? I had a huge clock over my mantle that was governed by the radio tower in Colorado. Kept perfect time UNTIL the dreaded daylight savings and then the hands went around and around at a frenetic pace so I had to heave it down and reset it manually which it did not like. Beautiful clock. Donated it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite things about the year I lived in Arizona was not having to change the clocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the long daylight evenings on DST.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My microwave and alarm clock need to be reset.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were just ranting about this last night. We vote to keep Daylight Savings Time, but really just keeping the SAME time year round would be better than what we're doing now. Also, we have a clock in the kitchen that's been wrong for 6 months - we're very excited that it will now be correct for 6 months (we can't figure out how to change it - ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went through this last weekend, so we're way ahead of you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get frustrated by this EVERY year and rant on social media about it. We need to stay on standard time all year. I speak as a Northerner who doesn't get much light during the winter. But I would prefer to have it in the afternoon and not the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has never bothered me much, especially in retirement, but wife hates it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am one who wants the time to be left alone. We are only fooling ourselves, not Nature.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not changing the clocks - Arizona has got it right. There are so many reasons why we should just leave the clocks alone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most of our clocks are atomic and take care of themselves. The car clocks we just leave and mentally adjust if we need to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this thoughtful and fun post! Here in Hawaii, HST Hawaiian Standard Time does NOT change. Though hours of light and dark DO. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with going back to the days when we didn't change the clocks and just lived with regular time. I just don't see any sense to the twice yearly changes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well...we did not change the clocks. It didn't matter to me, but Tim was in the church parking lot an hour early.

    ReplyDelete