Saturday, February 3, 2024

DIET NEWS

I have a very good friend that I have known since I was born, since he is exactly seven months older than me.

We grew up in the same town in the Frozen Northland that is more formally called North Dakota.

Now he lives near the water in Washington state and I live in the heated state of Arizona.

We've only seen each other a few times over the years but we remain the closest of friends.

I call him Jolly Jim because of his contributions to the Humor Bank here at Oddball Observations.

He sent me a fresh batch today and commented "You might find something usable here."

Did I ever.

I added a grand total of 19 new memes I hadn't seen before and which you'll be seeing as part of Friday Funnies for weeks and weeks ahead.

But one of them made me laugh so much I decided I had to show it to you today.

And it will explain the title of this post.



Thanks, Jolly Jim.

20 comments:

  1. That's a great friend to have! I'll look forward to his contributions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one! Will be looking forward to the treasure trove coming our way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Does this Washington Stater live near me? I think you've mentioned him before. You have a couple connections here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a couple of people who should take heed of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 40mg of atorvastatin and eat all the bacon you want. This is a troll who hacked SFM's account, he didn't write this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I have cleaned up my diet this month, I am getting some intestinal cramps at night. I wonder what is going on. The bacon made me think of that. I do rather love the stuff, but I haven't had any lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh, heh! I don't see the attraction, but my oldest son Genius is a bacon-lover. For Christmas one year, I gave him bacon-flavored jellybeans, a bacon-patterned wallet, and bandaids that looked like bacon strips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh that made me laugh out loud and I got a strange look from the cat who went to sit somewhere else. I love bacon but very rarely eat any and then just a couple of slices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's hilarious! Please thank him for us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Friends like that are life treasures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! Maybe it's time to switch to cheeseburgers? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eat what you want, we are all going to die anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All hail to bacon! Which I eat sparingly, doggone it. How can something be so good and so bad at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's hilarious.

    My current favorite: My wife says 'You weren't even listening, were you?' I thought hat was a strange way to start a conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Does Jolly Jim drop by this blog? I am guessing that he does... So Jolly Jim - please tell other visitors to this blog some of Bruce's secrets from the old days back in Stanley. Did you witness any fights?

    ReplyDelete