Monday, July 29, 2024

THANK YOU

I don't know what to say other than "thank you" to all of my friends, both known and unknown for your kind comments to my post Saturday.

I am busily making and fielding calls to and from various doctors and home health people today and I'm going to take a break from this bloody computer shortly and rest for awhile.

To keep you up to date, I had not had a drink of anything alcoholic from Wednesday night (after my idiotic fall) until last night when I asked Judy to make us each ONE of her fine Martinis.

We each had one and it was fine.

And then a delicious dinner of barbecued pork and sweet potato french fries and home grown tomatoes and wonderful, wonderful watermelon.

And no wine, just water.

So I'm trying to change the ways of a lifetime, a long lifetime.

But I was whelmed and overwhelmed by all of your kindness yesterday.

And while I am considering a foam rubber sumo wrestler's costume (thanks YP), I was not wearing Jager's trifocals when I tumbled to a very hard Planet Earth (driveway).

For those of you who yearned for the missing Friday Funnies, here's my apology.


17 comments:

  1. Take care! ❤️
    ——Cheerful Monk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest easy. At least we all know you will be well fed. Stressful for both of you. So sorry and eventually it will all be behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you a rapid recovery and no more issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better. Moderation is the key. You don't have to post or comment in the Blogospere. We're rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The turtle walking cartoon is cute. I am glad you are being careful as you are recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That funny is VERY funny. Glad to hear you are doing well, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still finding funnies...a good sign!
    Reducing drinking is wise. I have one of whatever to appreciate it..no need for more...and always to complement a meal

    ReplyDelete
  8. I notice that you can also purchase an inflatable sumo wrestler's suit on Amazon but of course you could suffer a puncture if you choose one of them. Best to stick to the foam rubber I think. Do you know any Japanese?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is great to hear from you. Take care and enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are getting checked out by the doctors to make sure all is well. Keep up the good work of resting and relaxing and taking it easy on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will pass on to you a little piece of wisdom one of my neighbours passed on to me when I was recovering from lip-cancer surgery. I do so because it might well apply to you. He said, "Your problem is that you are always well, so you do not know how to be ill."
    So take care, or continue to take care.....whichever

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope all goes well for you in every way, Catalyst. Sending you good wishes from our hearts to yours. (NewRobin13 and Roger)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a fabulous dinner! I'm glad you're taking it easy and healing, but you gotta live, too. Onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you're taking care of yourself: eating delicious food and resting when needed. It takes more than a clunk on the head to get you down!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you are getting everything under control. Love the cartoon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great dinner, and perfect cartoon. I like the foam sumo wrestler idea. You would look smashing in that!

    ReplyDelete