Thursday, October 31, 2013

AUTUMN FRITTATA

The days of autumn can be a bit cool, even in the Southwestern desert.  As I write this at 10 a.m. on Halloween it is 68 degrees F. outside.  The mercury descended to 48 earlier this morning.  It was chilly in the backyard after dark the other night as we watched the Space Shuttle fly over though clear skies.  I continue to be amazed.

With cooler weather comes an appetite for cool weather food.  I think the dish I made last night with potatoes, broccolini, eggs and Parmesan cheese qualifies.  The recipe came from Deb Perelman's blog Smitten Kitchen.  Here is a link to her post and the recipe.

As usual my frittata looked a bit different from hers.  Here's mine:


It wasn't bad but I should have cooked the potatoes a bit slower and longer to make them more tender.  And it could have used some more seasoning.  We have noticed this in a couple of her recipes before. Her palate seems to be perhaps more sensitive to spice and sweets than ours.  Some Mrs. Dash added to the recipe would have "kicked it up a notch."

But you know how it goes - - -



5 comments:

  1. It does look good. We have had 13 trick-or-treaters so far and it is 8.30, so don't expect many if any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, oh, all the more candy for you, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it looks fabulous to me! I'll check out the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over the years I've discovered that food is incredibly difficult to photograph. Or at least it's difficult for me. But your frittata looks amazing. I'm salivating on my keyboard. Take care and Happy Halloween to you and SWMBO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephen. My little point-and-shoot Nikon Coolpix camera has a "Food" setting that helps. Happy Halloween to you and the bride.

      Delete