Tuesday, April 18, 2017

DISTANCE

I was in to my cardiologist's office recently to have my Pacemaker checked.

The tech told me the battery was down to 3% and scheduled another appointment for three months down the road.

But he said if I began feeling more tired than usual I should call them.

I told him my wife and I are in the midst of yet another move to a location we're not sure of yet and I'm feeling tired most of the time.

But WTF, time is only a concept and we struggle on.

At least I have my Blackwell, who seems to sense that we might be moving and we find him perched atop moving boxes, hiding in a big bag of bubble wrap, or wandering around moaning.

As if to say, "Don't forget about me."

"Don't leave me behind."

As if we would.

And he is a comforting presence as he sleeps in his customary spot the minute I sit down in a chair.


We're all in this together, Blackwell.

16 comments:

  1. Love the sunrise over the Savannah! I'm kind of surprised you were up that early . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Actually it's sunset down toward your house!

      Delete
  2. Catnaps. Good for all of us. Not just cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best. I thought you had selected a location to move to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how a cat (or other pet) can make the most difficult tasks bearable. All you have to do is pick it up, start petting and wait for the purr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blackwell is an important family member and wants to be sure the move is going smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those batteries last a long time.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moby always knew when the boxes showed up, we were going to be doing That Thing again.

    Take it easy, get your battery replaced as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Zhoen - this might be the best time to go ahead & get that battery changed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm guessing that Blackwell will keep pretty close to you these coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We could write a novel the length of War and Peace about moving with a Persian cat named Chelsea. It was traumatic for her and she made sure it was traumatic for us too.

    Glad Blackwell isn't a dramatist like the much missed Miss Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking I'd like the confidence of knowing my battery wouldn't crap out right in the middle of the move. I don't know how soon you could arrange a "top off", but I think I'd find out. Regardless, take care of yourself my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The animal may be a comfort but the docs words were not!!

    ReplyDelete