Monday, September 23, 2013

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE

I just emailed my friend Tom, in California, about the family travels.  It went something like this.

SWMBO has been in Venice, Florida, since Saturday night visiting her sister, who had her 83rd birthday today.  When I spoke to her this evening she said there were two thunderstorms there today, in between of which they went to the beach and the pier so SWMBO could see the ocean (Gulf of Mexico).  She said she had to drive through standing water on the streets to get back to her motel and added that they had more rain there just today than Phoenix has had all year!  Highlight of the day: a white egret (hell, I don't know, maybe they're all white) walked right up to the house during one of the storms.

Meantime, the BRD and her Beau Jack are in the Turks and Caicos Islands for the wedding of one of BJ's sons.

As for me, I drove about a mile or less to the grocery store and back.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like everyone is having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily Dickinson never left her yard the last half of her life. Time to produce poetry Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife is away,

      Visiting her sister.

      Her daughter is gone

      To the Caribbean Sea.

      While I sit at home

      Thinking “why are you, mister,

      Not also abroad”

      As I watch the t.v.

      Delete
    2. That is actually fabulous - I demand more! :)

      Delete
  3. I can't agree more with Phil's comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did SWMBO stuff your fridge with some of those wonderful dishes you've shown us? I bet she did so you'd have treats to eat while she was gone. I hope she's having a good time, and being put in a position to miss someone isn't a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I told her not to but there were some leftovers so I've been far from starving.

      Delete